Jump to Main Content
- Kishimoto, Yoshiki, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquaculture 2012 v.326-329 pp. 15-19
- parasitoses; oral administration; blood; flukes; adults; praziquantel; miracidia; infection; tuna; disease control; control methods; eggs; mortality; Schistosoma; fish culture; heart ventricle; animal growth; Thunnus orientalis; fish diseases; gills; Japan
- ... Aquaculture of tuna has shown exponential growth in the recent years. In association with the global development of tuna aquaculture, problems with parasitic infections have arisen. Among the parasites found in cultured tuna, blood flukes are considered to be a significant threat as their eggs accumulate in the gills and interfere with the gas exchange process. To date, two species of blood fluke ...
- Kishimoto, Yoshiki, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasitology international 2012 v.61 no.2 pp. 242-249
- Cardicola; Opisthorchis; Thunnus orientalis; arteries; blood; blood flukes; correlation; eggs; encapsulation; fibroblasts; gills; histopathology; internal transcribed spacers; mortality; parasitology; risk; sodium hydroxide; tuna; Japan
- ... Infestations of blood flukes of the genus Cardicola have been observed in juvenile Pacific bluefin tuna (PBT) cultured in Japan. Infected fish harbor large numbers of parasite eggs in their gills. Although the link between blood fluke infection and juvenile mortality is not clear, accumulation of parasite eggs appears to be pathogenic to the fish. We investigated the origins, general morphology/di ...