Jump to Main Content
- Döpfer, D.; Geue, L.; Schares, S.; Mintel, B.; Hoffmann, B.; Fischer, E.A.J.
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2012 v.103 no.1 pp. 22-30
- calf housing, etc ; Holstein; Shiga toxin; Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli; antigens; calves; dynamic models; feces; gastrointestinal system; intimin; parturition; virulence; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Starting at birth, twenty Holstein calves were housed individually, in groups of five and finally in one large freestall while fecal samples were collected weekly for 25 weeks. From each sample, twenty isolates of Escherichia coli were screened for 6 virulence markers including shiga-toxin 1, 2, intimin, enterohemolysin, the fimbrial antigen efa1 and the adhesin saa. Dynamic models of transmission ...
- Geurden, T.; Vanderstichel, R.; Pohle, H.; Ehsan, A.; von Samson-Himmelstjerna, G.; Morgan, E.R.; Camuset, P.; Capelli, G.; Vercruysse, J.; Claerebout, E.
- Veterinary parasitology 2012 v.190 no.3-4 pp. 383-390
- calf housing, etc ; Giardia lamblia; Holstein; calves; dairy animals; disinfection; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; farms; feces; genes; genotyping; risk factors; triose-phosphate isomerase; France; Germany; Italy; United Kingdom; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The present study aimed to obtain data on the occurrence of Giardia duodenalis in calves in four major cattle rearing countries in Europe (Germany, UK, France and Italy), along with genotyping data and risk factors associated with these infections. A total of 2072 calves were sampled on 207 farms. The majority of the animals were Holstein dairy or mixed Holstein calves (n=1565 or 75.5%), and were ...