Jump to Main Content
- Gilbert, Alexis; Robins, Richard J.; Remaud, Gérald S.; Tcherkez, Guillaume G. B.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.44 pp. 18204-18209
- C3 plants, etc ; beta-fructofuranosidase; carbon; ecophysiology; glucose; hexoses; isotope fractionation; leaves; metabolites; models; photosynthates; photosynthesis; plant tissues; stable isotopes; starch; sucrose; vegetation; xylose isomerase; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The stable carbon isotope ¹³C is used as a universal tracer in plant eco-physiology and studies of carbon exchange between vegetation and atmosphere. Photosynthesis fractionates against ¹³CO ₂ so that source sugars (photosynthates) are on average ¹³C depleted by 20‰ compared with atmospheric CO ₂. The carbon isotope distribution within sugars has been shown to be heterogeneous, with relatively ¹³C ...
- PubMed Central:
- Walder, Florian; Niemann, Helge; Natarajan, Mathimaran; Lehmann, Moritz F.; Boller, Thomas; Wiemken, Andres
- Plant physiology 2012 v.159 no.2 pp. 789-797
- C3 plants, etc ; C4 plants; Glomus intraradices; Glomus mosseae; Linum usitatissimum; Sorghum bicolor; biomass production; carbon; continuous cropping; flax; mixed culture; mycorrhizal fungi; nitrogen; phosphorus; soil nutrients; stable isotopes; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Plants commonly live in a symbiotic association with arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF). They invest photosynthetic products to feed their fungal partners, which, in return, provide mineral nutrients foraged in the soil by their intricate hyphal networks. Intriguingly, AMF can link neighboring plants, forming common mycorrhizal networks (CMNs). What are the terms of trade in such CMNs between plan ...
- PubMed Central:
- Barron-Gafford, Greg A.; Scott, Russell L.; Jenerette, G. Darrel; Hamerlynck, Erik P.; Huxman, Travis E.
- Global change biology 2012 v.18 no.4 pp. 1389
- C3 plants, etc ; C4 plants; air temperature; atmospheric precipitation; carbon; carbon dioxide; climate change; ecosystems; eddy covariance; gas exchange; grasses; land use change; leaves; models; monsoon season; net ecosystem production; photosynthesis; semiarid zones; shrubs; water resources; wooded grasslands; woodlands; woody plants; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Conversion of grasslands to woodlands may alter the sensitivity of CO2 exchange of individual plants and entire ecosystems to air temperature and precipitation. We combined leaf-level gas exchange and ecosystem-level eddy covariance measurements to quantify the effects of plant temperature sensitivity and ecosystem temperature responses within a grassland and mesquite woodland across seasonal prec ...