Jump to Main Content
- Roberts, Lindsay S.; Sharma, Sushma; Hudes, Mark L.; Fleming, Sharon E.
- The Journal of child nutrition & management 2012 v.36 no.2
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; African Americans; Latinos; Whites; boys; child nutrition; children; correlation; gender; girls; linear models; low income households; metabolic diseases; nutritionists; peers; physical activity; questionnaires; regression analysis; risk; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Background African-American and Latino children living in neighborhoods with a low-socioeconomic index are more at risk of obesity-associated metabolic disease than their higher socioeconomic index and/or white peers. Currently, consistent and reliable questionnaires to evaluate nutrition and physical activity knowledge in these children are needed. Objective The purpose of this study was to devel ...
- Zarnowiecki, Dorota; Sinn, Natalie; Petkov, John; Dollman, James
- Public health nutrition 2012 v.15 no.7 pp. 1284-1290
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; attitudes and opinions; child nutrition; children; eating habits; educational status; elementary schools; equations; healthy diet; models; obesity; parent education; parents; risk; socioeconomic factors; socioeconomic status; Australia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... ObjectiveYoung children's knowledge about healthy food may influence the formation of their eating behaviours, and parents have a major influence on the development of children's knowledge in the early years.DesignWe investigated the extent to which parental nutrition knowledge and attitudes around food predicted young children's knowledge of healthy foods, controlling for other influences such as ...