Jump to Main Content
- Reynolds, Jesse S.; Treu, Judith A.; Njike, Valentine; Walker, Jennifer; Smith, Erica; Katz, Catherine S.; Katz, David L.
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2012 v.44 no.3 pp. 262-266
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; child nutrition; correlation; elementary students; food and nutrition programs; food choices; food labeling; literacy; nutritive value; questionnaires; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE: To determine the reliability and validity of a 10-item questionnaire, the Food Label Literacy for Applied Nutrition Knowledge questionnaire. METHODS: Participants were elementary school children exposed to a 90-minute school-based nutrition program. Reliability was assessed via Cronbach α and intraclass correlation coefficient (ICC). Validity was assessed comparing the questionnaire’s f ...
- Roberts, Lindsay S.; Sharma, Sushma; Hudes, Mark L.; Fleming, Sharon E.
- The Journal of child nutrition & management 2012 v.36 no.2
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; African Americans; Latinos; Whites; boys; child nutrition; children; correlation; gender; girls; linear models; low income households; metabolic diseases; nutritionists; peers; physical activity; questionnaires; regression analysis; risk; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Background African-American and Latino children living in neighborhoods with a low-socioeconomic index are more at risk of obesity-associated metabolic disease than their higher socioeconomic index and/or white peers. Currently, consistent and reliable questionnaires to evaluate nutrition and physical activity knowledge in these children are needed. Objective The purpose of this study was to devel ...