Jump to Main Content
- Šimková, Hana, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Functional & integrative genomics 2012 v.12 no.1 pp. 173-182
- Triticum aestivum; bacterial artificial chromosomes; breeding; chromosome mapping; clones; genes; genetic improvement; genetic markers; microsatellite repeats; sequence analysis; wheat
- ... Bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) is one of the most important crops globally and a high priority for genetic improvement, but its large and complex genome has been seen as intractable to whole genome sequencing. Isolation of individual wheat chromosome arms has facilitated large-scale sequence analyses. However, so far there is no such survey of sequences from the A genome of wheat. Greater unde ...
- Šimková, Hana, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The plant journal 2012 v.69 no.3 pp. 377-386
- Triticum aestivum; breeding; chromosome mapping; chromosome translocation; climate; cultivars; foods; genes; grasses; human nutrition; nucleotide sequences; sorting; telocentric chromosomes; wheat
- ... Wheat is the third most important crop for human nutrition in the world. The availability of high‐resolution genetic and physical maps and ultimately a complete genome sequence holds great promise for breeding improved varieties to cope with increasing food demand under the conditions of changing global climate. However, the large size of the bread wheat (Triticum aestivum) genome (approximately 1 ...