Jump to Main Content
- Fukuoka, S.; Mizobuchi, R.; Saka, N.; Ivan, S.; Matsumoto, T.; Okuno, K.; Yano, M.
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2012 v.125 no.3 pp. 551-559
- alleles; blast disease; disease resistance; genetic background; loci; progeny; progeny testing; proteins; quantitative trait loci; rice; sequence analysis; substitution lines
- ... Quantitative trait loci (QTLs) for resistance to rice blast offer a potential source of durable disease resistance in rice. However, few QTLs have been validated in progeny testing, on account of their small phenotypic effects. To understand the genetic basis for QTL-mediated resistance to blast, we dissected a resistance QTL, qBR4-2, using advanced backcross progeny derived from a chromosome segm ...
- PubMed Central:
- RoyChowdhury, Moytri; Jia, Yulin; Jackson, Aaron; Jia, Melissa H.; Fjellstrom, Robert; Cartwright, Richard D.
- Euphytica 2012 v.184 no.1 pp. 35
- Magnaporthe grisea; Oryza sativa; alleles; blast disease; disease resistance; genetic markers; germplasm; microsatellite repeats; nonpathogenic strains; pathogenicity; races; rice
- ... The Pi-z gene in rice confers resistance to a wide range of races of the rice blast fungus, Magnaporthe oryzae. The objective of this study was to characterize Pi-z in 111 rice germplasm accessions using DNA markers and pathogenicity assays. The existence of Pi-z in rice germplasm was detected by using four simple sequence repeat (SSR) markers (RM527, AP4791, AP5659-1, AP5659-5) closely linked to ...