Jump to Main Content
- Rozanski, Elizabeth A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2012 v.22 no.3 pp. 368-371
- Beagle; acidosis; analysis of variance; blood gases; distress; dogs; lung function; mechanics; pH; tidal volume
- ... OBJECTIVE: To determine if low tidal volume (VT) ventilation is associated with the development of respiratory acidosis and changes in lung function in healthy dogs. DESIGN: Randomized prospective experimental cross‐over study. SETTING: Pulmonary function laboratory at a university teaching hospital. ANIMALS: Five healthy Beagle dogs. INTERVENTIONS: Dogs were anesthetized and randomly mechanically ...
- Rozanski, Elizabeth A, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- abscess; cats; dogs; heartworms; lungworms; neoplasms; pneumothorax; prognosis; therapeutics
- ... Thirty-five cases of spontaneous pneumothorax were reviewed. In contrast to dogs, cats with an established etiology all had spontaneous pneumothorax associated with lung disease. Underlying diseases identified in affected cats included inflammatory airway disease, neoplasia, heartworm infection, pulmonary abscess and lungworm infection. Many cats were managed successfully with observation alone or ...