Jump to Main Content
- Uphoff, Norman
- Agriculture & food security 2012 v.1 no.1 pp. 28
- food security, etc ; soil ecology; microbiology; crop production; epigenetics; income; energy; food shortages; plant breeding; millets; farmers; wheat; nutrition; climate change; arable soils; sugarcane; energy costs; nutrients; technology; crops; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The Green Revolution was accomplished under a set of demographic, economic, climatic and other conditions in the 20th century that have been changing and will surely be different and more difficult in the decades ahead. The suitability and sustainability of any given agricultural technology depends on factors like resource availability and productivity, energy costs, and environmental constraints. ...
- Sonneveld, B. G. J. S.; Keyzer, M. A.; Adegbola, P.; Pande, S.
- Water resources management 2012 v.26 no.2 pp. 553-579
- food security, etc ; adverse effects; basins; climate change; crop production; crops; drought; fallow; farm income; farmers; farmers' markets; farming systems; issues and policy; leaves; occupations; prices; watersheds; Benin; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Climate change studies for West Africa tend to predict a reduced potential for farming that will affect the food security situation of an already impoverished population. However, these studies largely ignore farmers’ adaptations and market adjustments that mitigate predicted negative effects. The paper attempts to fill some of this gap through a spatially explicit evaluation of the impact of clim ...