Jump to Main Content
- Krawinkel, Michael B
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2012 v.92 no.14 pp. 2757-2759
- food security, etc ; Food Guide Pyramid; children; developed countries; developing countries; educational materials; energy; farmers; food processing; food production; imports; integrated pest management; malnutrition; nutrition education; organic production; parents; traditional foods; Africa; Asia; Latin America; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Even in the 21st century, undernutrition is a challenge to be overcome. In the year 2009, 1.02 billion people were reported as food insecure and 180 million children were undernourished. Food insecurity and undernutrition are more than a lack of food energy: they are not reflected countrywide by prevalence means; they are mostly not permanent but seasonal; they are mostly not caused by insufficien ...
- Ezezika, Obidimma C; Saleh, Nadira; Daar, Abdallah S
- Agriculture & food security 2012 v.1 no.1 pp. 5
- food security, etc ; agricultural biotechnology; corn; crops; developing countries; development projects; farmers; transgenic plants; Africa; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The development of agricultural biotechnology humanitarian projects for food security in the last five years has been rapid in developing countries and is expected to rise sharply over the coming years. An extremely critical issue in these projects involves building trust with the community and farmers they aim to serve. For the first time, our social audit engagement with one of these initiatives ...