Jump to Main Content
- Zion, Boaz; Barki, Assaf
- Aquaculture 2012 v.344-349 pp. 3-11
- fish production, etc ; acoustics; fish culture; mariculture; ranching; research and development; researchers; Japan; Norway; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... In the last few decades, continuous attempts have been made to develop methods and technologies to increase fish production. However, unlike other research fields related to aquaculture, acoustic ranching of fish has never attracted intensive activity. Research and developments have been sporadic and lacking in international collaboration. In this review, we describe acoustic sea ranching studies ...
- Aspé, E.; Roeckel, M.; Fernández, K.
- Aquacultural engineering 2012 v.49 pp. 1-9
- fish production, etc ; Pinus radiata; Salmo salar; aluminum; bark; biomass; carbon dioxide; cellulose; chronic diseases; dissolved oxygen; farm value; filters; filtration; fish culture; fish farms; freshwater; heavy metals; ions; iron; manganese; oxidation; pH; particle size; salmon; sawmills; toxicity; Chile; Norway; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... In Chile and Norway, countries with the highest salmon production in the world, salmons have developed chronic diseases due to toxicity problems from free metallic ions. Aluminum (Al) and iron (Fe) were found to be present in freshwaters used by the Chilean salmon industry. In this work, different alternatives for Al and Fe removal were compared to achieve the required standards in salmon culture. ...