Jump to Main Content
- Tabaro, S Rukera; Mutanga, O; Rugege, D; Micha, JC
- African journal of aquatic science 2012 v.37 no.2 pp. 165-174
- fish production, etc ; Oreochromis niloticus; ammonia; animal growth; biomass; correlation; dissolved oxygen; excreta; fish; fish culture; fish ponds; nitrogen; oxygen; phytoplankton; primary productivity; production technology; rabbits; water quality; Rwanda; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Although previous studies have suggested that rabbit excreta can be used as high-quality manure for sustaining plankton production due to their gradual nutrient release, integrated rabbit–fish production systems are still not widely used. Between 2006 and 2010 optimal rabbit densities for sustainable integrated rabbit–Nile tilapia farming were investigated at the Rwasave Fish Farming and Research ...
- SÃ¡nchez O., IvÃ¡n AndrÃ©s; Matsumoto, Tsunao
- Aquacultural engineering 2012 v.47 pp. 16-26
- fish production, etc ; Oreochromis niloticus; activated carbon; ammonium nitrogen; basins; biochemical oxygen demand; biological treatment; chemical oxygen demand; effluents; farm value; fish culture; nitrogen; organic matter; recirculating aquaculture systems; water quality; water reuse; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The hydrodynamic characterization and the performance evaluation of an aerobic three phase fluidized bed reactor in wastewater fish culture treatment are presented in this report. The objective of this study was to evaluate the organic matter, nitrogen and phosphorous removal efficiency in a physical and biological wastewater treatment system of an intensive Nile Tilapia laboratory production with ...
- Brown, Travis W.; Boyd, Claude E.; Chappell, Jesse A.
- Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 2012 v.43 no.4 pp. 526
- fish production, etc ; Ictalurus furcatus; Ictalurus punctatus; Oreochromis niloticus; Polyodon spathula; aeration; ammonia; catfish; denitrification; dissolved oxygen; evaporation; fish culture; fish feeding; fish feeds; fish ponds; harvesting; nitrogen; phosphorus; raceways; rain; runoff; sediments; seepage; volatilization; water balance; water quality; wells; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... There is increasing interest in intensive production of Ictalurid catfish in the United States and a better understanding of water quality dynamics in intensive culture is needed. Budgets for water, nitrogen, and phosphorus were estimated over a production season (March–November) for an In-pond Raceway System for channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus, and hybrid catfish, I. punctatus × I. furcatus, ...