Jump to Main Content
- Hamilton-West, Christopher; Arriagada, Gabriel; Yatabe, Tadaishi; Valdés, Pablo; Hervé-Claude, Luis Pablo; Urcelay, Santiago
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2012 v.104 no.3-4 pp. 341-345
- fish production, etc ; Caligus rogercresseyi; Lepeophtheirus salmonis; Oncorhynchus mykiss; Salmo salar; cages; fish culture; fish farms; fisheries; marine fish; monitoring; Chile; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Salmon sea lice represent one of the most important threats to salmon farming throughout the world. Results of private monitoring efforts have shown an increase in the number of positive cages and cage-level abundance of sea lice in southern Chile since 2004. As a consequence, the Chilean Fisheries Service implemented an Official Surveillance Program in the main salmon production area of southern ...
- Guilpart, Alexis; Roussel, Jean-Marc; Aubin, Joël; Caquet, Thierry; Marle, Mickaël; Le Bris, Hervé
- Ecological indicators 2012 v.23 pp. 356-365
- fish production, etc ; fish farms; Ephemeroptera; organic matter; summer; fish; nutrients; scrapers; phosphates; Plecoptera; ecosystems; water quality analysis; effluents; freshwater; invertebrates; energy; monitoring; ammonium compounds; biomass; fish culture; food webs; rivers; Salmonidae; streams; Trichoptera; Chironomidae; France; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... The ecological consequences of freshwater land-based salmonid farms on rivers were studied by monitoring eight farms with substantial differences in annual trout production (29–368tyear⁻¹) connected to rivers of contrasted hydrology (mean annual discharge ranging from 0.3 to 4.8m³s⁻¹) in France. Samples of water and benthic invertebrates were collected in the river immediately upstream and at two ...
- Aspé, E.; Roeckel, M.; Fernández, K.
- Aquacultural engineering 2012 v.49 pp. 1-9
- fish production, etc ; Pinus radiata; Salmo salar; aluminum; bark; biomass; carbon dioxide; cellulose; chronic diseases; dissolved oxygen; farm value; filters; filtration; fish culture; fish farms; freshwater; heavy metals; ions; iron; manganese; oxidation; pH; particle size; salmon; sawmills; toxicity; Chile; Norway; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... In Chile and Norway, countries with the highest salmon production in the world, salmons have developed chronic diseases due to toxicity problems from free metallic ions. Aluminum (Al) and iron (Fe) were found to be present in freshwaters used by the Chilean salmon industry. In this work, different alternatives for Al and Fe removal were compared to achieve the required standards in salmon culture. ...