Jump to Main Content
- Tabaro, S Rukera; Mutanga, O; Rugege, D; Micha, JC
- African journal of aquatic science 2012 v.37 no.2 pp. 165-174
- fish production, etc ; Oreochromis niloticus; ammonia; animal growth; biomass; correlation; dissolved oxygen; excreta; fish; fish culture; fish ponds; nitrogen; oxygen; phytoplankton; primary productivity; production technology; rabbits; water quality; Rwanda; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Although previous studies have suggested that rabbit excreta can be used as high-quality manure for sustaining plankton production due to their gradual nutrient release, integrated rabbit–fish production systems are still not widely used. Between 2006 and 2010 optimal rabbit densities for sustainable integrated rabbit–Nile tilapia farming were investigated at the Rwasave Fish Farming and Research ...
- Eklund, Patty; Engle, Carole; Ludwig, Gerald
- North American Journal of Aquaculture 2012 v.74 no.1 pp. 39
- fish production, etc ; Artemia; Morone chrysops x Morone saxatilis; Rotifera; aquaculture tanks; bass; diet; drying; economies of scale; farms; fingerlings; fish culture; fish ponds; growers; hybrids; production costs; rearing; survival rate; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Year-round production of hybrid striped bass (female white bass Morone chrysops × male striped bass M. saxatilis) fingerlings would allow food fish growers to sell their product throughout the year, which would improve the consistency of market supply and cash flow for the farm. However, pond production of fingerlings is seasonal and precludes year-round supply. Tank culture methods have been deve ...
- Brown, Travis W.; Boyd, Claude E.; Chappell, Jesse A.
- Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 2012 v.43 no.4 pp. 526
- fish production, etc ; Ictalurus furcatus; Ictalurus punctatus; Oreochromis niloticus; Polyodon spathula; aeration; ammonia; catfish; denitrification; dissolved oxygen; evaporation; fish culture; fish feeding; fish feeds; fish ponds; harvesting; nitrogen; phosphorus; raceways; rain; runoff; sediments; seepage; volatilization; water balance; water quality; wells; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... There is increasing interest in intensive production of Ictalurid catfish in the United States and a better understanding of water quality dynamics in intensive culture is needed. Budgets for water, nitrogen, and phosphorus were estimated over a production season (March–November) for an In-pond Raceway System for channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus, and hybrid catfish, I. punctatus × I. furcatus, ...