Jump to Main Content
- Eltouny, Nermin
A.; Ariya, Parisa A.
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2012 v.51 no.39 pp. 12787-12795
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorbents; adsorption; aerosols; air; benzene; carboxymethylcellulose; cations; engineering; ethylbenzene; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; ionization; iron oxides; models; nanoparticles; remediation; toluene; transmission electron microscopy; xylene
- ... In this work, we investigate the interaction of gaseous benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and o-xylene (BTEX) with Fe₃O₄ nanoparticles and demonstrate the potential application of Fe₃O₄ nanoparticles as adsorbents for BTEX. On the basis of X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy, gas chromatography–mass spectrometry, and gas chromatography–flame ionization detection results, using toluen ...
- Cochran, R.E.; Dongari, N.; Jeong, H.; Beránek, J.; Haddadi, S.; Shipp, J.; Kubátová, A.
- Analytica chimica acta 2012 v.740 pp. 93-103
- air; derivatization; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; ionization; methane; monitoring; oxidation; particulates; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; smoke; solid phase extraction; temperature
- ... A sensitive method has been developed for the trace analysis of PAHs and their oxidation products (i.e., nitro-, oxy-, and hydroxy-PAHs) in air particulate matter (PM). Following PM extraction, PAHs, nitro-, oxy-, and hydroxy-PAHs were fractionated using solid phase extraction (SPE) based on their polarities. Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC–MS) conditions were optimized, addressing inject ...
- Aschmann, Sara M.; Arey, Janet; Atkinson, Roger
- Atmospheric environment 2012 v.46 pp. 264-270
- air; atmospheric chemistry; atmospheric pressure; flame ionization; free radicals; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; ionization; isomerization; molecular weight; nitrates; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... Products of the gas-phase reaction of OH radicals with 2-hexyl nitrate (containing 13% 3-hexyl nitrate) have been investigated by gas chromatography with mass spectral and flame ionization detection, and by direct air sampling atmospheric pressure ionization tandem mass spectrometry. The products identified and quantified from 2-hexyl nitrate were: 2-hexanone (8.6 ± 1.3%), propanal (3.4 ± 0.8%), b ...