Jump to Main Content
- Azmi, Kifaya; Schnur, Lionel; Schonian, Gabriele; Nasereddin, Abedelmajeed; Pratlong, Francine; El Baidouri, Fouad; Ravel, Christophe; Dedet, Jean-Pierre; Ereqat, Suheir; Abdeen, Ziad
- Parasites & vectors 2012 v.5 no.1 pp. 121
- West Bank, etc ; Leishmania tropica; Phlebotominae; RNA; cutaneous leishmaniasis; digestion; electrophoresis; enzymes; genes; geographical distribution; humans; internal transcribed spacers; kinetoplast DNA; microsatellite repeats; parasites; promastigotes; Syria; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Many cases of cutaneous leishmaniasis (CL) have been recorded in the Jenin District based on their clinical appearance. Here, their parasites have been characterized in depth. METHODS: Leishmanial parasites isolated from 12 human cases of CL from the Jenin District were cultured as promastigotes, whose DNA was extracted. The ITS1 sequence and the 7SL RNA gene were analysed as was the k ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ali-Shtayeh, M. S.; Jamous, R. M.; Hussein, E. Y.; Mallah, O. B.; Abu-Zaitoun, S. Y.
- Plant disease 2012 v.96 no.1 pp. 149
- West Bank, etc ; Bemisia tabaci; Citrullus lanatus; DNA; Watermelon chlorotic stunt virus; coat proteins; disease incidence; emerging diseases; genes; genetic databases; growth retardation; leaves; plant diseases and disorders; plant pathology; plant viruses; polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; summer; viruses; watermelons; Iran; Israel; Jordan; Lebanon; Sudan; Yemen; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... In the summer of 2010, watermelon plants (Citrullus lanatus Thunb.) from eight fields surveyed in two districts (Jenin and Qalqilia) in the West Bank of the Palestinian Authority (PA) exhibited typical Watermelon chlorotic stunt virus (WmCSV) symptoms including yellow veining, chlorotic mottling, stunting of young leaves, and reduction of yield. Disease incidence ranged from 8 to 98% and was assoc ...