Jump to Main Content
- GAUGLER, R.; SUMAN, D.; WANG, Y.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2012 v.26 no.1 pp. 37-45
- insect growth regulators, etc ; Aedes albopictus; adults; cages; cardboard; containers; corn starch; gravid females; habitats; insects; laboratory techniques; larvae; males; oviposition sites; ovipositor; powders; prototypes; pyriproxyfen; risk; silica; virgin females; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... A prototype autodissemination station to topically contaminate oviposition‐seeking container‐dwelling mosquitoes with the insect growth regulator, pyriproxyfen, was developed and tested in the laboratory. Our test subject was the Asian tiger mosquito, Aedes albopictus (Skuse) (Diptera: Culicidae), an urban species that colonizes small‐volume cryptic larval habitats and is a skip ovipositor that vi ...
- Liu, Ying‐Qian; Zhang, Jing; Feng, Gang; Li, Lin‐Hai; Yang, Liu; Kou, Liang
- Pest management science 2012 v.68 no.10 pp. 1400-1404
- insect growth regulators, etc ; Spodoptera litura; adults; artificial diets; crops; food intake; insect control; insect pests; insecticidal properties; larvae; larval development; mechanism of action; molting; mortality; pupae; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The triazole‐based antiviral nucleoside ribavirin exhibited significant in vitro insecticidal effects against Spodoptera litura, a finding that has prompted further investigations into its in vivo insecticidal properties and mode of action against this insect pest. RESULTS: Ribavirin showed delayed insecticidal effects on third‐instar larvae of S. litura at a concentration of 1 mg mL−1 ...