Jump to Main Content
- GAUGLER, R.; SUMAN, D.; WANG, Y.
- Medical and veterinary entomology 2012 v.26 no.1 pp. 37-45
- insect growth regulators, etc ; Aedes albopictus; adults; cages; cardboard; containers; corn starch; gravid females; habitats; insects; laboratory techniques; larvae; males; oviposition sites; ovipositor; powders; prototypes; pyriproxyfen; risk; silica; virgin females; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... A prototype autodissemination station to topically contaminate oviposition‐seeking container‐dwelling mosquitoes with the insect growth regulator, pyriproxyfen, was developed and tested in the laboratory. Our test subject was the Asian tiger mosquito, Aedes albopictus (Skuse) (Diptera: Culicidae), an urban species that colonizes small‐volume cryptic larval habitats and is a skip ovipositor that vi ...
- Liu, Yan-Qun; Chen, Miao-Miao; Li, Qun; Li, Yu-Ping; Xu, Liang; Wang, Hua; Zhou, Qian-Kai; Sima, Yang-Hu; Wei, Zhao-Jun; Jiang, De-Fu
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America 2012 v.105 no.5 pp. 718-725
- insect growth regulators, etc ; Antheraea pernyi; Antheraea yamamai; Bombyx mori; Galleria mellonella; Plodia interpunctella; brain; diapause; females; gene expression; genes; hemolymph; instars; larvae; males; messenger RNA; phylogeny; pupae; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; tissues; yolk proteins; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... KK-42 is an imidazole insect growth regulator. A (KK-42)-binding protein (KK-42BP) has been shown to be associated with diapause termination in pharate first instars of Antheraea yamamai (Guérin-Méneville) (Lepidoptera: Saturniidae). In this study, the (KK-42)-binding protein gene (ApKK-42BP) was characterized from Antheraea pernyi (Guérin-Méneville) (Lepidoptera: Saturniidae) undergoing a winter ...