Jump to Main Content
- Bayuelo-Jiménez, J. S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal of agronomy 2012 v.2012 no.527673 pp. 13
- Phaseolus; biomass; leaf area; leaves; photosynthesis; physiological response; potassium; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; sodium; sodium chloride; stomatal conductance; turgor
- ... This paper reports the changes on growth, photosynthesis, water relations, soluble carbohydrate, and ion accumulation, for two salt-tolerant and two salt-sensitive Phaseolus species grown under increasing salinity (0, 60 and 90 mM NaCl). After 20 days exposure to salt, biomass was reduced in all species to a similar extent (about 56%), with the effect of salinity on relative growth rate (RGR) conf ...
- Jiménez, J., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2012 no.931 pp. 365-370
- acidity; cultivars; flowering; vines; vineyards; small fruits; experimental design; total soluble solids; viticulture; fruit set; wines; crop yield; planting; defoliation; fruit composition; leaves; phenolic compounds; Spain
- ... In the old-world viticulture autochthonous varieties are an important inheritance because they can provide wines with authenticity and distinction. Cultivar Mandó is an almost extinguished variety from the south-east of Spain with very large and tight clusters. The aim of this study was to assess the usefulness of early defoliation as a possible tool to reduce cluster compactness, improving fruit ...