Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Lei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2012 v.417 no.2 pp. 892-896
- Populus tomentosa; RNA libraries; bioinformatics; cold; cold stress; gene expression regulation; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; messenger RNA; microRNA; non-coding RNA; pathogens; plant growth; plantlets; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; stress response
- ... MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small, non-coding RNAs that regulate the expression of target mRNAs in plant growth, development, abiotic stress responses, and pathogen responses. Cold stress is one of the most common abiotic factors affecting plants, and it adversely affects plant growth, development, and spatial distribution. To understand the roles of miRNAs under cold stress in Populus tomentosa, we co ...
- Chen, Lei, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Planta 2012 v.235 no.2 pp. 375-386
- Medicago truncatula; acid soils; aluminum; biotic stress; legumes; messenger RNA; microRNA; plant response; polymerase chain reaction; root growth; roots; toxicity
- ... MicroRNAs (miRNAs) play important roles in response of plants to biotic and abiotic stresses. Aluminum (Al) toxicity is a major factor limiting plant growth in acidic soils. However, there has been limited report on the involvement of miRNAs in response of plants to toxic Al3+. To identify Al3+-responsive miRNAs at whole-genome level, high-throughput sequencing technology was used to sequence libr ...