Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Kun, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.45 pp. 18853-18859
- engineering; gold; ligands; nanoparticles; nanorods; optical properties; polymerization; polymers
- ... Plasmonic polymers present an interesting concept that builds on the analogy between molecular polymers and linear chains of strongly interacting metal nanoparticles. Ensemble-averaged optical properties of plasmonic polymers are strongly influenced by their structure. In the present work, we formed plasmonic polymers by using solution-based assembly of gold nanorods (NRs) end-tethered with photoa ...
- Liu, Kun, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2012 v.46 no.11 pp. 5997-6003
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; environmental impact; fluorescence; methane production; microorganisms; nanoparticles; polysaccharides; protective effect; proteins; scanning electron microscopes; sludge; total suspended solids; wastewater treatment; zinc oxide
- ... The increasing use of zinc oxide nanoparticles (ZnO NPs) in consumer and industrial products highlights a need to understand their potential environmental impacts. In this study, the response of anaerobic granular sludge (AGS) to a shock load of ZnO NPs during anaerobic biological wastewater treatment was reported. It was observed that the extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) of AGS and the me ...