Jump to Main Content
- White, Piran C L, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2012 v.8 no.1 pp. 454
- Meles meles; badgers; bovine tuberculosis; cattle; group size; hosts; models; prediction; probability; stochastic processes; wildlife; Ireland; United Kingdom
- ... BACKGROUND: The persistence of bovine TB (bTB) in various countries throughout the world is enhanced by the existence of wildlife hosts for the infection. In Britain and Ireland, the principal wildlife host for bTB is the badger (Meles meles). The objective of our study was to examine the dynamics of bTB in badgers in relation to both badger-derived infection from within the population and externa ...
- PubMed Central:
- WHITE, PIRAN C. L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Conservation biology 2012 v.26 no.2 pp. 345-356
- case studies; conservation programs; funding; indigenous species; invasive species; managers; probability; questionnaires; stakeholders; vertebrates
- ... Stakeholders are increasingly involved in species conservation. We sought to understand what features of a participatory conservation program are associated with its ecological and social outcomes. We conducted a case study of the management of invasive vertebrates in Australia. Invasive vertebrates are a substantial threat to Australia's native species, and stakeholder participation in their mana ...