Jump to Main Content
- Cahalane, Alane Kosanovich; Flanders, James A.
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2012 v.241 no.4 pp. 467-471
- thoracic cavity, etc ; air; dogs; dyspnea; females; lungs; males; mixed breeds; pneumothorax; pulmonary emphysema; radiography; spaying; tachypnea; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Case Description—An 8-year-old castrated male mixed-breed dog (dog 1) and a 13-year-old spayed female mixed-breed dog (dog 2) were evaluated because of spontaneous pneumothorax. Clinical Findings—Both dogs had decreased bronchovesicular sounds with coughing, tachypnea, cyanosis, lethargy, or a combination of these clinical signs. Radiographic examination revealed pneumothorax in both dogs and c ...
- Planellas, Marta; Martin, Núria; Pons, Carles; Font, Josep; Cairo, Jordi
- Topics in companion animal medicine 2012 v.27 no.1 pp. 36-37
- thoracic cavity, etc ; cats; disease course; fetus; heart; hernia; parturition; radiography; uterus; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... This short communication describes the diagnosis, treatment, and clinical course of a domestic short-haired cat with diaphragmatic hernia in which the herniated structure in the thoracic cavity contained a mummified fetus. The cat was pregnant when rescued from the street and, days later, gave birth without abnormalities. Some months later, during an ovariohysterectomy, an abnormal localization of ...