Jump to Main Content
- Dabney, Seth M.; Wilson, Glenn V.; McGregor, Keith C.; Vieira, Dalmo A.N.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2012 v.76 no.1 pp. 210
- runoff, etc ; Panicum virgatum; Zea mays; corn; discing; filter strips; grasses; rain; sediment yield; sediments; silt loam soils; terraces; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Grass hedges are specialized vegetative buffers effective in trapping sediment, but less is known about their ability to reduce or redirect runoff. Runoff and sediment yield from natural rainfall were measured during 8 yr from 0.1-ha contour-planted plots with and without 1-m-wide switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) hedges at their lower ends. Plots had slope lengths of 22 m with a steepness of 5%, ...
- Zema, D.A.; Bingner, R.L.; Denisi, P.; Govers, G.; Licciardello, F.; Zimbone, S.M.
- Land degradation & development 2012 v.23 no.3 pp. 205
- agricultural runoff, etc ; agricultural watersheds; databases; hydrologic models; land degradation; model validation; pollution load; prediction; sediment yield; simulation models; soil erosion models; water erosion; Belgium; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The AnnAGNPS model, widely utilized as a practical tool for addressing erosion problems and land use planning, was implemented in a small agricultural watershed located in central Belgium, to assess its prediction capacity of runoff, peak flow and sediment yield in humid temperate conditions. Model performance was evaluated at the event scale by using a database reporting hydrological, geomorpholo ...
- Helmers, Matthew J.; Zhou, Xiaobo; Asbjornsen, Heidi; Kolka, Randy; Tomer, Mark D.; Cruse, Richard M.
- Journal of Environmental Quality 2012 v.41 no.5 pp. 1531
- agricultural runoff, etc ; Bromus; Glycine max; Zea mays; agricultural land; agricultural watersheds; corn; crop rotation; disturbed soils; filter strips; no-tillage; sediment yield; sediments; trapping; vegetation cover; wet environmental conditions; Iowa; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Twelve small watersheds in central Iowa were used to evaluate the effectiveness of prairie filter strips (PFS) in trapping sediment from agricultural runoff . Four treatments with PFS of different size and location (100% rowcrop, 10% PFS of total watershed area at footslope, 10% PFS at footslope and in contour strips, 20% PFS at footslope and in contour strips) arranged in a balanced incomplete bl ...