Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Jiaqiang, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Virus genes 2012 v.45 no.3 pp. 474-487
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus; cell proliferation; immune response; interferon-gamma; interleukin-4; pork industry; recombinant vaccines; swine; vaccination; viremia
- ... Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) has become one of the most economically important diseases to the global pork industry. Current vaccination strategies only provide a limited protective efficacy. In this study, a DNA vaccine, pVAX1©-α-γ-GP35, co-expressing GP3 and GP5 of PRRSV with interferon α/γ was constructed, and its immediate and long-lasting protection against high ...
- Wu, Jiaqiang, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2012 v.158 no.3-4 pp. 316-321
- Haemophilus parasuis; Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus; gene targeting; heart; histopathology; lungs; polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; swine
- ... This study was aimed at determining the effect of highly pathogenic porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (HP-PRRSV) on Haemophilus parasuis (HPS) in co-infection. A quantitative real-time PCR targeting infB gene, which is conserved among different HPS serotypes, was developed to improve the accuracy and speed of the detection of HPS. A total of 32 four-week-old conventional pigs wer ...