Jump to Main Content
- Reddy, Christopher M.; Arey, J. Samuel; Seewald, Jeffrey S.; Sylva, Sean P.; Lemkau, Karin L.; Nelson, Robert K.; Carmichael, Catherine A.; McIntyre, Cameron P.; Fenwick, Judith; Ventura, G. Todd; Van Mooy, Benjamin A. S.; Camilli, Richard
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.50 pp. 20229-20234
- ethylbenzene, etc ; barrels; benzene; fractionation; hydrochemistry; marine environment; oil spills; oils; petroleum; samplers; toluene; xylene; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Quantitative information regarding the endmember composition of the gas and oil that flowed from the Macondo well during the Deepwater Horizon oil spill is essential for determining the oil flow rate, total oil volume released, and trajectories and fates of hydrocarbon components in the marine environment. Using isobaric gas-tight samplers, we collected discrete samples directly above the Macondo ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yadav, Brijesh K.; Shrestha, Shristi R.; Hassanizadeh, S. Majid
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2012 v.223 no.7 pp. 3579-3588
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene), etc ; aerobic conditions; air temperature; autumn; biodegradation; bioremediation; diurnal variation; seasonal variation; soil water; spring; summer; toluene; weather; winter; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... An increasing interest in bioremediation of hydrocarbon polluted sites raises the question of the influence of seasonal and diurnal changes on soil-water temperature on biodegradation of BTEX, a widespread group of (sub)-surface contaminants. Therefore, we investigated the impact of a wide range of varying soil-water temperature on biodegradation of toluene under aerobic conditions. To see the sea ...
- PubMed Central: