Jump to Main Content
- Müller, Günter C., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Acta tropica 2012 v.124 no.1 pp. 48-53
- Culex pipiens; adults; baits; breeding sites; digestive system; females; habitats; hills; humans; ponds; sewage; spraying; sugars; toxicity; vegetation; Israel
- ... The distribution of resting Culex pipiens s.l., L. in vegetation at the margins of breeding sites and the effects of a narrow, surrounding, sprayed belt of sugar, food dye and toxin on adult mosquitoes were studied near two pairs of control and experimental sewage ponds close to human habitation in the Judean hills. Control belts were without toxin. A sprayed belt of sugar and toxin 0.5m from the ...
- Müller, Günter C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Acta tropica 2012 v.124 no.2 pp. 158-161
- Aedes albopictus; Anopheles crucians; Culex quinquefasciatus; Rutilus rutilus; Toxorhynchites rutilus; adults; baits; mortality; sugar feeding; sugars; toxicity; traps; wells
- ... The aim of this study was to further investigate the use of attractive sugar baits as an effective, inexpensive, and environmentally friendly tool for integrated mosquito management programs. Mosquitoes were offered dyed sugar bait in wells and cisterns in an urban tourist area in St. Augustine, FL. Exit traps were constructed to cover the well and cistern openings so the number of resting and eme ...