Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2012 v.47 no.2 pp. 416-421
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus casei; heat tolerance; microencapsulation; pH; probiotics; sodium chloride; survival rate; viability
- ... The effect of microencapsulation on the viability of Lactobacillus casei, L. paracasei, L.Â acidophilus Ki and Bifidobacterium animalis BBâ12 during exposure to lethal conditions (25% NaCl, pH 3.0 and 55â60âÂ°C) was evaluated. Results demonstrated that survival of probiotic strains to the imposed lethal stress conditions was strain dependent. With the exception of exposure to 25% (w/v) NaCl, ...
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2012 v.5 no.7 pp. 2748-2757
- Lactobacillus paracasei; bacteria; citric acid; coatings; formic acid; fructose; glucose; hosts; ingredients; microencapsulation; orange juice; pH; probiotics; viability
- ... The main objective of this research effort was to study whether microencapsulation could be a viable alternative to obtain probiotic orange or peach juices. In order to be considered probiotic food, probiotic bacteria must be present in sufficient viable numbers to promote a benefit to the host. The survival and viability of Lactobacillus paracasei L26 in juices over 50 days of storage at 5°C was ...