Jump to Main Content
- Zavareze, Elessandra da Rosa, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Die Stärke = 2012 v.64 no.11 pp. 855-863
- crystal structure; enthalpy; gelatinization; gels; hardness; heat; pasting properties; solubility; starch; swelling (materials); temperature; thermal properties; viscosity
- ... The effect of heat‐moisture treatment (HMT) on the properties of pinhão starches under different moisture and heat conditions was investigated. The starches were adjusted to 15, 20 and 25% moisture levels and heated to 100, 110 and 120°C for 1 h. The X‐ray diffractograms, swelling power, solubility, gel hardness, pasting properties and thermal properties of the native and HMT pinhão starches were ...
- Zavareze, Elessandra da Rosa, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2012 v.132 no.1 pp. 344-350
- color; gels; opacity; oxidation; pasting properties; permeability; potato starch; sodium hypochlorite; starch; tensile strength; texture; viscosity; water solubility; water vapor
- ... This study investigated the effects of sodium hypochlorite oxidation and a heat–moisture treatment of potato starch on the physicochemical, pasting and textural properties of potato starches in addition to the water vapour permeability (WVP) and mechanical properties of potato starch films produced from these starches. The carbonyl contents, carboxyl contents, swelling power, solubility, pasting p ...