Jump to Main Content
- White, Piran C. L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The journal of animal ecology 2012 v.81 no.2 pp. 463-471
- animal communities; beaches; body size; habitats; invertebrates; particle size; United Kingdom
- ... 1. The nature of abundance–body size relationships in animal communities, and especially the drivers behind the observed patterns, have been a focus of persistent debate in animal ecology. In a recent review, Allen et al. (2006) categorized five mechanistic explanations behind the commonly observed polymodality in these relationships: energetic constraints; phylogenetic constraints; biogeographica ...
- WHITE, PIRAN C. L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Conservation biology 2012 v.26 no.2 pp. 345-356
- case studies; conservation programs; funding; indigenous species; invasive species; managers; probability; questionnaires; stakeholders; vertebrates
- ... Stakeholders are increasingly involved in species conservation. We sought to understand what features of a participatory conservation program are associated with its ecological and social outcomes. We conducted a case study of the management of invasive vertebrates in Australia. Invasive vertebrates are a substantial threat to Australia's native species, and stakeholder participation in their mana ...