Jump to Main Content
- Merzendorfer, Hans; Kim, Hee Shin; Chaudhari, Sujata S.; Kumari, Meera; Specht, Charles A.; Butcher, Stephen; Brown, Susan J.; Robert Manak, J.; Beeman, Richard W.; Kramer, Karl J.; Muthukrishnan, Subbaratnam
- Insect biochemistry and molecular biology 2012 v.42 no.4 pp. 264
- diflubenzuron, etc ; Tribolium castaneum; adults; algorithms; chitin; densitometry; diet; eggs; gel electrophoresis; gene expression regulation; genes; glutathione synthase; hatching; insect cuticle; insect models; insect pests; insect proteins; insecticides; larvae; lasers; mass spectrometry; maternal effect; mechanism of action; metabolic detoxification; molting; peritrophic membrane; prediction; storage pests; urea; wheat; wheat flour; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... Several benzoylphenyl urea-derived insecticides such as diflubenzuron (DFB, Dimilin®) are in wide use to control various insect pests. Although this class of compounds is known to disrupt molting and to affect chitin content, their precise mode of action is still not understood. To gain a broader insight into the mechanism underlying the insecticidal effects of benzoylphenyl urea compounds, we con ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bansal, Raman; Rouf Mian, M. A.; Mittapalli, Omprakash; Michel, Andy P.
- International journal of biological sciences 2012 v.8 no.10 pp. 1323
- diflubenzuron, etc ; Aphis glycines; Glycine max; RNA interference; adults; amino acid sequences; bioassays; body weight; chitin; chitin synthase; complementary DNA; digestive system; embryo (animal); enzyme inhibitors; fat body; fecundity; gene expression; genes; insect control; insect pests; instars; integument; leaves; molecular weight; molting; mortality; nymphs; open reading frames; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; soybeans; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Chitin synthases are critical enzymes for synthesis of chitin and thus for subsequent growth and development in insects. We have identified and characterized a chitin synthase gene (CHS) from cDNA of Aphis glycines, the soybean aphid, a serious pest of soybean. The full-length cDNA of CHS in A. glycines (AyCHS) was 5802 bp long with an open reading frame of 4704 bp that encoded for a 1567 amino ac ...
- PubMed Central: