Jump to Main Content
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2012 v.4 no.6 pp. 3069-3076
- Raman spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; air; annealing; boric acid; boron; coatings; friction; furnaces; heat treatment; interferometry; nickel; oxygen; scanning electron microscopy; stainless steel; temperature; white light
- ... The effects of annealing temperature on the tribological properties of electroless nickel–boron coatings have been investigated. The coatings were annealed in a tube furnace under a flow (0.0094 N m³/min) of oxygen gas at temperatures of 250, 400, 550, and 700 °C for 3 h. Using scanning electron microscopy, images of the annealed coatings documented changes in surface morphology. From this it was ...
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.18 pp. 7679-7689
- anions; cations; cobalt; copper; hydrogen bonding; nickel; physical properties; probability; zinc
- ... A methodology for the design of polar, inorganic structures is demonstrated here with the packing of lambda (Λ)-shaped basic building units (BBUs). Noncentrosymmetric (NCS) solids with interesting physical properties can be created with BBUs that lack an inversion center and are likely to pack into a polar configuration; previous methods to construct these solids have used NCS octahedra as BBUs. U ...