Jump to Main Content
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- European journal of agronomy 2012 v.42 pp. 22-33
- algorithms; cultivars; early development; environmental impact; flowering; genotype-environment interaction; growing season; hybrids; latitude; leaves; nonlinear models; phenology; prediction; sowing date; temperature; vernalization; wheat; France; United Kingdom
- ... The rate of organ emergence and the duration of developmental phases are key components of plant fitness to its environment. Here, we describe a hybrid genetic algorithm for the estimation of the parameters of complex non-linear simulation models that we used to estimate the varietal parameters of a well-evaluated ecophysiological model (Sirius) of wheat phenology. The aim of this study was to ana ...
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2012 v.54 no.8 pp. 555-566
- Triticum aestivum; biomass; canopy; crop yield; ethyl methanesulfonate; filling period; flowering; mutants; nitrogen; photosynthesis; plant anatomy; wheat
- ... Increasing photosynthetic capacity by extending canopy longevity during grain filling using slow senescing stay‐green genotypes is a possible means to improve yield in wheat. Ethyl methanesulfonate (EMS) mutated wheat lines (Triticum aestivum L. cv. Paragon) were screened for fast and slow canopy senescence to investigate the impact on yield and nitrogen partitioning. Stay‐green and fast‐senescing ...
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2012 v.29 no.1 pp. 159-171
- Triticum aestivum; additive effect; agronomic traits; biomass; chromosomes; crop yield; crossing; genes; genetic techniques and protocols; germplasm; haploidy; meta-analysis; microsatellite repeats; quantitative trait loci; winter wheat
- ... In bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.), crop height is an important determinant of agronomic performance. The aim of this study was to identify genes controlling variation in crop height segregating in elite European winter wheat germplasm. Four doubled haploid populations derived from the crosses AvalonÂ ÃÂ Cadenza, SavannahÂ ÃÂ Rialto, SparkÂ ÃÂ Rialto and ChargerÂ ÃÂ Badger were selected, re ...