Jump to Main Content
- Buckley, Jim, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Irish veterinary journal 2012 v.65 no.1 pp. 30
- Listeria monocytogenes; antibiotics; bacteria; bulk milk; dairy cows; dairy farming; excretion; herds; milk; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; raw milk; risk
- ... During routine sampling of bulk raw milk on a dairy farm, the pathogenic bacteria Listeria monocytogenes was found to be a contaminant, at numbers < 100 cfu/ml. A strain with an indistinguishable pulsed-field gel electrophoresis pattern was isolated from the bulk milk two months later. Environmental swabs taken at the dairy environment were negative for the presence of L. monocytogenes, indicating ...
- PubMed Central:
- Buckley, Jim, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2012 v.88 no.1 pp. 172-174
- Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis; cattle; genotyping; melting; polymerase chain reaction; sheep
- ... In this study, we describe a novel HRM-PCR assay that clearly differentiates the two main types of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis (cattle and sheep) based on the polymorphic variation of a previously described tandem repeat. This modern genotyping technique has several advantages over alternative methods, including cost, ease of use and rapidity. ...