Jump to Main Content
- Cordeiro-da-Silva, Anabela, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Parasitology international 2012 v.61 no.2 pp. 360-363
- Leishmania infantum; amphotericin B; blood cell counts; drugs; erythrocytes; hematocrit; hemoglobin; liver; mice; models; parasite load; parasitology; spleen; toxicity; visceral leishmaniasis
- ... Bisnaphthalimidopropyl (BNIP) derivatives were recently identified as inhibitors of the Leishmania Silent Information Regulator 2 (SIR2) NAD⁺-dependent deacetylase. In this report we have for the first time, determined the potential of these compounds to treat visceral leishmaniasis using BALB/c mice chronically infected with Leishmania infantum as a model. These experiments led to the identificat ...
- Cordeiro da Silva, Anabela, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2012 v.39 no.5 pp. 424-430
- Leishmania infantum; amastigotes; antileishmanials; biodegradability; cell viability; chemical bonding; drug delivery systems; encapsulation; humans; in vitro studies; macrophages; metabolism; mice; models; nanoparticles; parasites; polymers; solubility; toxicity; visceral leishmaniasis
- ... Bisnaphthalimidopropyl (BNIP) derivatives have recently been shown to have potential as antileishmanial agents. However, these compounds have some drawbacks, including their low aqueous solubility and some toxic effects. In this study, we designed a drug delivery system for enhanced delivery of BNIP derivative compounds whilst reducing adverse toxic effects, and hence increasing their biological e ...