Jump to Main Content
- Firmesse, Olivier, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.159 no.3 pp. 179-185
- bacteria; bacterial communities; biofilm; cleaning; counters; disinfection; foods; microbial load; monitoring; poly(vinyl chloride); polymerase chain reaction; sales; stainless steel; supermarkets
- ... The aim of this study was to determine how quickly the surface of a refrigerated supermarket serve over counter becomes loaded with bacteria. New material made of polyvinyl chloride or stainless steel was placed on the surface on which foodstuffs are displayed for sale. One to three samples per week for 7weeks were collected on gauze pads. CFUs were counted and total cells were quantified by real- ...
- Firmesse, Olivier, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.158 no.2 pp. 163-168
- agar; cleaning; cutting; disinfection; meat processing plants; microbial load; poly(vinyl chloride); polymerase chain reaction; stainless steel
- ... We assessed the impact of industrial cleaning and disinfection (C&D) on colony-forming units (CFUs), viable (culturable and viable but non-culturable) cells and on total cells (viable and dead cells). Bacterial loads on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and stainless steel surfaces in a cutting room at a beef processing plant were determined before and after C&D by real-time PCR to quantify cells from succ ...