Jump to Main Content
- Hsu, Chuan‐Yu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant biotechnology journal 2012 v.10 no.2 pp. 207
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Populus; bioaccumulation; biosensors; energy transfer; environment; environmental monitoring; heavy metals; host plants; microscopes; protein conformation; risk; transport proteins; trees; zinc
- ... Heavy metal accumulation in the environment poses great risks to flora and fauna. However, monitoring sites prone to accumulation poses scale and economic challenges. In this study, we present and test a method for monitoring these sites using fluorescent resonance energy transfer (FRET) change in response to zinc (Zn) accumulation in plants as a proxy for environmental health. We modified a plant ...
- Hsu, Chuan-Yu, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of plant genetics and transgenetics 2012 v.3 no.1
- Populus balsamifera subsp. trichocarpa; Thlaspi caerulescens; gene expression; genes; heavy metals; messenger RNA; perennials; promoter regions; roots; stems; transcription (genetics); transporters; vascular tissues; woody plants; zinc
- ... Regulation of a heavy metal such as zinc (Zn) throughout a plant has been attributed to the Zn transporter gene ZNT1 and other members of the larger ZIP transporter family. However, genes have not been characterized in a high-biomass, perennial, woody species, such as poplar (Populus trichocarpa). The poplar genome was searched for ZIP transporter members and analyzed via a phylogenetic analysis. ...