Jump to Main Content
- Johir, M.A.H., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.122 pp. 42-49
- aeration; chemical oxygen demand; dissolved organic matter; fouling; molecular weight; organic compounds
- ... The influence of imposed flux and aeration rates on membrane fouling in a submerged membrane bioreactor was studied. The experiments were conducted at four imposed fluxes and three aeration rates. The effect of flux on the reduction of membrane fouling was much higher than that caused by aeration rate. A lower flux of 20L/m²h produced 75 times more water than a higher flux of 40L/m²h with an aerat ...
- Johir, M.A.H., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.113 pp. 154-160
- biopolymers; chemical oxygen demand; fouling; fractionation; humic acids; sludge
- ... In this study, the influence of organic loading rate (OLR) on the performance of a membrane bio-reactor (MBR) was investigated. The MBR was operated with 6 different OLRs between 0.5 and 3.0kgCOD/m³d. The hydrodynamic parameters of the MBR were kept constant. The hydraulic retention time and sludge retention time were kept at 8h and 40d respectively. From the experimental investigation, it was fou ...