Jump to Main Content
- Fu-Jun, Liu, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Molecular biology reports 2012 v.39 no.12 pp. 10257-10263
- antioxidant activity; genes; humans; male fertility; males; protein folding; proteins; proteome; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; spermatozoa
- ... Male reproductive proteomes provide basis for studying gene products and its involvement or regulation in sperm physiology. Here, a comparative study between these proteomes was performed to find potential proteins and functions associated with human sperm maturation. Seven reproductive proteomes associated with human sperm physiology were integrated. Gene ontology analysis were performed using DA ...
- Jun, Liu Wen, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food biotechnology 2012 v.26 no.3 pp. 280-292
- Streptococcus thermophilus; acetaldehyde; fermented milk; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; glycine hydroxymethyltransferase; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; starter cultures; threonine
- ... Serine hydroxymethyltransferase encoded by the glyA gene, which has been reported to possess threonine aldolase activity, is able to catalyze the conversion of L-threonine to glycine and acetaldehyde. In this study, eight strains of Streptococcus thermophilus strains with good flavor-enhancing property were investigated to evaluate the acetaldehyde production as well as the expression of glyA gene ...