Jump to Main Content
- Lewis, Andrew R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biology letters 2012 v.8 no.3 pp. 351-354
- Dermochelys coriacea; Scyphozoa; diet; energy intake; foraging; models; predators; sea turtles
- ... Optimal foraging models predict that large predators should concentrate on large prey in order to maximize their net gain of energy intake. Here, we show that the largest species of sea turtle, Dermochelys coriacea, does not strictly adhere to this general pattern. Field observations combined with a theoretical model suggest that a 300 kg leatherback turtle would meet its energetic requirements by ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lewis, Andrew
R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.8 pp. 3748-3757
- Vibrio cholerae; catalytic activity; deuterium; glycosidic linkages; glycosylation; hydrolysis; isomers; isotope labeling; isotopes; oxygen; tyrosine
- ... A series of isotopically labeled natural substrate analogues (phenyl 5-N-acetyl-α-d-neuraminyl-(2→3)-β-d-galactopyranosyl-(1→4)-1-thio-β-d-glucopyranoside; Neu5Acα2,3LacβSPh, and the corresponding 2→6 isomer) were prepared chemoenzymatically in order to characterize, by use of multiple kinetic isotope effect (KIE) measurements, the glycosylation transition states for Vibrio cholerae sialidase-cata ...