Jump to Main Content
- Mudalkar, Shalini, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Planta 2012 v.236 no.4 pp. 1339-1349
- Escherichia coli; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Vigna radiata; aldehyde reductase; bacteria; byproducts; crops; drought; enzyme activity; gene expression; genes; in vivo studies; messenger RNA; oxidation; oxidative stress; proteins; reactive oxygen species; roots; stress tolerance; water deprivation; yeasts
- ... Generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in plants is an inevitable consequence of adverse environmental cues and the ability to detoxify deleterious by-products of ROS-mediated oxidation reactions reflect an important defence strategy to combat abiotic stress. Here, we have cloned the eutypine reducing aldehyde reductase gene (VrALR) from Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek roots. We have expressed and ...
- Mudalkar, Shalini, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2012 v.30 no.4 pp. 894-903
- Vigna radiata; antioxidants; biosynthesis; buffers; complementary DNA; drought; environmental factors; enzyme activity; enzymes; genes; glutathione; legumes; linear models; lipid peroxidation; molecular cloning; nucleotide sequences; polymerase chain reaction; regression analysis; root systems; roots; water stress
- ... Glutathione is an essential redox buffer and an antioxidant in majority of higher plants, imparting tolerance against abiotic stress. The rate-limiting enzyme, gamma-glutamyl cysteine synthetase (γECS), plays an important role in regulation of glutathione biosynthesis under adverse environmental conditions including drought. To understand the role of γECS in an economically important food legume, ...