Jump to Main Content
- Nishitani, Yosuke, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2012 v.114 no.3 pp. 292-296
- Lactobacillus curvatus; Lactobacillus sakei; Leuconostoc mesenteroides; animal models; atopic dermatitis; epithelial cells; humans; immunoglobulin E; lactic acid bacteria; macrophages; mash; mice; sake; skin lesions; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Lactic acid bacteria (LAB) in fermented foods have attracted considerable attention recently as treatment options for allergic diseases, the incidence of which has been increasing worldwide. Five strains of LAB isolated from kimoto, the traditional seed mash used for brewing sake, were screened for the ability to suppress IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reaction. Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Lactob ...
- Nishitani, Yosuke, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- The British journal of nutrition 2012 v.107 no.11 pp. 1566-1569
- bioavailability; blood; cis-trans isomers; high performance liquid chromatography; humans; metabolites; mice; oral administration; pharmacokinetics; volunteers
- ... Dietary fucoxanthin has been reported to exert several physiological functions, and fucoxanthinol is considered to be the primary active metabolite of fucoxanthin. However, there is no information about the pharmacokinetics of fucoxanthinol in human subjects. In the present study, eighteen human volunteers were orally administered kombu extract containing 31 mg fucoxanthin, and their peripheral bl ...
- Nishitani, Yosuke, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2012 v.60 no.15 pp. 3891-3899
- acid hydrolysis; alpha-tomatine; high performance liquid chromatography; humans; hydrolysates; inhibitory concentration 50; liver; mass spectrometry; prostatic neoplasms; stomach neoplasms; sugars; thin layer chromatography; tomatoes; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Partial acid hydrolysis of the tetrasaccharide (lycotetraose) side chain of the tomato glycoalkaloid α-tomatine resulted in the formation of four products with three, two, one, and zero carbohydrate side chains, which were separated by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and identified by thin-layer chromatography (TLC) and liquid chromatography ion-trap time-of-flight mass spectrometry ...