Jump to Main Content
- Ohta, T., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied geochemistry 2012 v.27 no.9 pp. 1710-1723
- biodegradation; carbon dioxide; drilling; gas production (biological); groundwater; methane; natural gas; oils; sandstone; seepage; shale; stable isotopes; tectonics; wells; Japan
- ... Gas was sampled regionally, including by drilling into faults, in the South Kanto gas-field around Tokyo Bay, Japan. Gas samples were collected from cores in a gas sampling container immediately after drilling. A value of δ¹³C₁=−44.3‰ was obtained for gas in the container and δ¹³C₁=−36.3‰ for seeping gas in a fault zone. However, typical CH₄ in this dissolved-in-water gas-field is mainly depleted ...
- Ohta, T., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Beneficial microbes 2012 v.3 no.2 pp. 113-125
- Atopobium; Bacteroides fragilis; Bifidobacterium bifidum; Bifidobacterium breve; Bifidobacterium catenulatum; Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis; Clostridium coccoides; Clostridium leptum; Enterobacteriaceae; Japanese people; Prevotella; anaerobes; bottle feeding; cesarean section; correlation; feces; infancy; intestinal microorganisms; milk; monitoring; neonates; organic acids and salts; pH; polymerase chain reaction
- ... The faecal microbiota of 166 healthy Japanese newborns was analysed periodically from day 1 after birth until the age of 3 years by using the reverse transcription-quantitative PCR. Faecal pH and the organic acid concentration were also examined. Colonisation by both facultative anaerobes and strict anaerobes was confirmed in 95% of the meconium tested. Bifidobacterium-predominant microbiot ...