Jump to Main Content
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of molecular catalysis 2012 v.82 pp. 32-36
- Aspergillus japonicus; biocatalysts; biotransformation; catalytic activity; fungi; headspace analysis; isopropyl alcohol; models; oxidation; sulfides
- ... This work extends the present knowledge about the ability of filamentous fungi to selectively transform sulfur-containing compounds. Here, it has been demonstrated that several species of the Aspergillus genus are able to perform chemo- and stereoselective oxidation of organic sulfides. Two substrates were chosen as models, the aliphatic cyclohexyl(methyl)sulfide and the alkyl aryl sulfide, thioan ...
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2012 v.160 no.3-4 pp. 189-194
- Gardenia jasminoides; alcohols; biocatalysts; calcium alginate; cells; enzymes; immobilized cells; oxidation; screening; viability
- ... A screening based on undifferentiated plant cells allowed identifying Gardenia jasminoides as the best biocatalyst to perform the kinetic resolution of 1-phenylethanol. This species was further tested for its ability to oxidize stereoselectively the (S)-isomers from racemic mixtures of secondary alcohols leaving their antipodes unaffected in Tris–HCl buffer. Those substrates which afforded the bes ...