Jump to Main Content
- Roberts, John A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Powder technology 2012 v.228 pp. 141-148
- angle of repose; cost effectiveness; energy; gravity; image analysis; manufacturing; metallurgy; microstructure; particle size distribution; powders; quantitative analysis; scanning electron microscopy; titanium
- ... Powder metallurgy is a very popular and cost effective process due to improvements in powder availability and the ability to produce a part close to the desired net shape. With the introduction of the Armstrong Process®, which produces commercially pure titanium powder, it is necessary to understand the flowability characteristics of the irregular particles produced. This paper reports the physica ...
- Roberts, John A. S., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.39 pp. 15634-15639
- acetonitrile; aqueous solutions; bromine; catalysts; evolution; hydrogen; hydrogen production; hydrophobicity; ionic liquids; nickel; protons
- ... The electrocatalytic reduction of protons to H ₂ by [Formula] (where [Formula] in the highly acidic ionic liquid dibutylformamidium bis(trifluoromethanesulfonyl)amide shows a strong dependence on added water. A turnover frequency of 43,000–53,000 s ⁻¹ has been measured for hydrogen production at 25 °C when the mole fraction of water (χ H₂O) is 0.72. The same catalyst in acetonitrile with added dim ...
- PubMed Central: