Jump to Main Content
- Ventura-Juárez, Javier, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquatic toxicology 2012 v.109 pp. 127-132
- Brachionus calyciflorus; X-radiation; absorption; bioaccumulation factor; digestive system; freshwater; granules; histochemistry; lead; scanning electron microscopy
- ... We studied how lead is bioconcentrated and distributed in the rotifer Brachionus calyciflorus using metal histochemistry to locate lead granules, Leadmium Green® analysis to establish the route of uptake, atomic absorption to determined the bioconcentration factor (BCF), and detected the presence of microelements in the cuticle by X-ray microanalysis with scanning electron microscopy. Our results ...
- Ventura-Juárez, Javier, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasitology research 2012 v.110 no.3 pp. 1291-1296
- Entamoeba histolytica; Naegleria fowleri; abscess; amebiasis; antibodies; biopsy; blood flow; brain; colon; etiological agents; fluorescent antibody technique; necropsy; proteins; tomography; trophozoites
- ... Although amebic brain abscess is a rare form of invasive amebiasis, when present, it is frequently lethal. This disorder always begins with the infection of the colon by Entamoeba histolytica trophozoites, which then travel to extra-intestinal tissues through the bloodstream. Amebic brain abscesses are produced when trophozoites invade the central nervous system. Computerized axial tomography scan ...