Jump to Main Content
- Vordermeier, M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Transboundary and emerging diseases 2012 v.59 no.1 pp. 1-10
- disease reservoirs; diagnostic techniques; host range; Camelus bactrianus; zoonoses; herds; llamas; alpacas; Camelus dromedarius; tuberculosis; habitats; Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex; pathogens; Europe
- ... In spite of great efforts for its control and eradication, tuberculosis remains one of the most important zoonosis worldwide. Its causative agents, the members of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex, have a wide host range that complicates the epidemiology of this disease. Among susceptible species to these pathogens, camelids from the New World (llama, alpaca and vicuña) and Old World (Bactria ...
- Vordermeier, M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2012 v.105 no.1-2 pp. 149-154
- Mycobacterium bovis; bovine tuberculosis; cattle; herds; recombinant proteins; skinfold thickness; tuberculin
- ... The intradermal tuberculin tests and the interferon-gamma (IFN-γ) assay are the principal tests used worldwide for the ante-mortem diagnosis of bovine tuberculosis. The conventional reagent currently in use in these tests is purified protein derivative (PPD) tuberculin obtained from Mycobacterium bovis culture. The components of PPD are poorly characterized and difficult to standardize. To overcom ...