Jump to Main Content
- YIDANA, SANDOW MARK, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of earth system science 2012 v.121 no.2 pp. 491-507
- kaolinite; Earth system science; sulfates; weathering; cluster analysis; chlorides; cations; factor analysis; aquifers; models; physicochemical properties; regression analysis; montmorillonite; hydrochemistry; groundwater; Ghana
- ... An innovative technique of measuring the intensities of major sources of variation in the hydrochemistry of (ground) water in a basin has been developed. This technique, which is based on the combination of R-mode factor and multiple regression analyses, can be used to measure the degrees of influence of the major sources of variation in the hydrochemistry without measuring the concentrations of t ...
- Yidana, Sandow Mark, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Hydrological sciences journal 2012 v.57 no.6 pp. 1168-1183
- analytical methods; aquifers; cation exchange; clay; geographic information systems; groundwater; hydrochemistry; irrigation; montmorillonite; multivariate analysis; pH; rural population; variance; water quality; weathering; Ghana
- ... Groundwater is a priceless resource in the economies of the rural populations in northern Ghana. A combination of multivariate statistical and spatial analytical techniques was applied to groundwater data from the Voltaian and Birimian aquifers in parts of northern Ghana. The objective was to classify the groundwater quality control parameters and determine whether the aquifers deliver groundwater ...