Jump to Main Content
- Cabral, Lúcio M, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Nutrition journal 2011 v.10 no.1 pp. 373
- amino acids; analytical methods; ascorbic acid; calcium; glucose; magnesium sulfate; parenteral feeding; phosphates; photostability; pyridoxine; refrigeration; riboflavin; shelf life; sodium chloride; storage temperature; thiamin; trace elements
- ... BACKGROUND: The objective of this work was to study the vitamins B₁, B₂, B₆ and C stability in a pediatric formulation containing high amounts of calcium in the presence of organic phosphate, amino acids, glucose, sodium chloride, magnesium sulfate, pediatric vitamins and trace elements under different conditions using developed and validated analytical methods. METHODS: The study was carried out ...
- PubMed Central:
- Cabral, Lúcio M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2011 v.135 no.1 pp. 135-146
- Attalea speciosa; acute toxicity; animals; apoptosis; cell culture; cell proliferation; combination drug therapy; common names; cytotoxicity; hyperplasia; indigenous species; ingestion; medical treatment; men; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; necrosis; powders; seeds; stromal cells; toxicity testing; urinary tract; Brazil
- ... ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) are a common complaint among aging men and are usually caused by Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). A number of medical treatments for LUTS/BPH exist, such as α-blockers, 5α-reductase inhibitors, phytotherapeutical drugs and combination therapies. Babassu is the common name of a Brazilian native palm tree called Orbignya speciosa ...
- Cabral, Lucio M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Current microbiology 2011 v.62 no.2 pp. 684-689
- Enterococcus faecalis; antibacterial properties; bacteria; chloramphenicol; energy; hydrophobicity; models; solubility; therapeutics; toxicity; triazoles
- ... A broad-spectrum antibiotic therapy has led to medical complications and emergence of multiresistant bacteria including Enterococcus faecalis. In this study, we designed, synthesized, and evaluated the antibacterial activity of 13 nor-β-lapachone derivatives against a drug resistant E. faecalis strain. Two triazole substituted compounds (1e = 8 μg/ml and 1c = 16 μg/ml) and the non-substituted deri ...