Jump to Main Content
- Chang, Yun-Tsan; Kai, Yu-Hsuan; Chi, Shau-Chi; Song, Yen-Ling
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2011 v.30 no.6 pp. 1283-1293
- Epinephelus coioides; antibodies; antigens; antiserum; cell-mediated immunity; complementary DNA; cytoplasm; cytotoxic T-lymphocytes; cytotoxicity; digestive system; flow cytometry; fluorescence; gene expression; glycoproteins; grouper; kidneys; marine fish; molecular weight; natural killer cells; phylogeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; signal peptide; spleen; tyrosine; viruses
- ... CD8 is a membrane glycoprotein found primarily on the surface of T lymphocytes such as cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTL), natural killer cells (NK) and γδ T lymphocytes. It helps T lymphocytes to kill the infected cells that presents microbial antigen on the cell surface. However, analysis of fish cellular immunity has been limited because of the lack of CD8 antibodies in grouper. In this present stud ...
- Li, Yan-Wei; Luo, Xiao-Chun; Dan, Xue-Ming; Huang, Xia-Zi; Qiao, Wei; Zhong, Zheng-Ping; Li, An-Xing
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2011 v.30 no.6 pp. 1230-1240
- signal transduction; heart; marine fish; ectoparasites; open reading frames; brain; gene expression; amino acids; spleen; introns; complementary DNA; monitoring; muscles; immune response; kidneys; exons; interleukin-1beta; liver; Toll-like receptor 2; grouper; Epinephelus coioides
- ... Cryptocaryon irritans is one of the most important ectoparasites of marine fish, and can have a devastating effect on aquacultured fish populations. The role of TLR signaling pathways in anti-parasitic immune responses is poorly understood in fish. In this paper, we first cloned Epinephelus coioides MyD88 full-length cDNA (EcMyD88) and its respective gene. The open reading frame (ORF) of cDNA is 8 ...